Welcome to Gamers Core

Join the only gaming community you need to be a part of in 2018.

Whether you're looking for trading, news, giveaways, videos, streams or just to chat about your favourite games, it's all on Gamers Core.

Register Now
  1. There have been a lot of requests for a marketplace to be added to Gamers Core, well...

Instead if you head over to Virtual Market - you can now trade there!
We use cookies, by continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Read more about our cookie policy here.
Welcome to Gamers Core, the latest and greatest place to discuss your favourite games.

Please take a moment to Log In or Sign Up if you don't already have an account.

YouTube HQ Shooting

Discussion in 'News and Gossip' started by Verringer, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Verringer

Verringer Gamers Core Founder Founder Advanced Enhanced

Ratings:
    +173
    Discord:
    Chris Verringer#4395
    Steam:
    verringer
    Heard about this earlier, haven't looked in to it - linked PDS for more info.

One dead (the suspect), four injured - sad times.

2. Geo

Geo Sectional Moderator

Ratings:
    +12
    Discord:
    runnerbeany#6723
    Steam:
    Boeing757
    Playstation:
    runnerbeany1
    I personally don't agree with the video she put on her Facebook.

"Why did they restrict it? Because I was famous"
    "They age restricted it so i get less views".

She also says how her newer videos aren't getting as many views. This isn't to just to do with YouTube, it could be her video quality is going downhill. I haven't watched her, so I can't really comment on that.

However, I did see this picture:
    upload_2018-4-4_16-11-3.png
    IIRC you don't get revenue if people use AdBlock on your videos. Views != Revenue in some cases.

3. Verringer

Verringer Gamers Core Founder Founder Advanced Enhanced

Ratings:
    +173
    Discord:
    Chris Verringer#4395
    Steam:
    verringer
    We're living in a time where somebody shot up a company's hq because she disagreed with them.

After watching her video, she does seem a little bit psycho though.

Also - is it more or has this really died off quick in the news in comparison to other shootings? I thought this would be around for a long time given the target.

4. Geo

Geo Sectional Moderator

Ratings:
    +12
    Discord:
    runnerbeany#6723
    Steam:
    Boeing757
    Playstation:
    runnerbeany1
    This is the reason why guns need to be banned, or at least have stricter rules. One person doesn't agree, people get injured. I also saw someone replying to the video she posted saying something along the lines of "Iranian woman tries to fight for free speech. Look what happens!"
    I don't think this was for free speech. I think this was her getting upset that people were not watching her videos. Has there been a statement from youtube on twitter or something about this whole event?

Possibly, but remember nobody has died (at the time of writing this comment). There were only 3 injuries - so while this is bad, there have been worse shootings.