Why you chose AMD or Intel

Vexy

I chose AMD because of price to performance (Even though I bought my 1800x full price ;() and because at the time it was performing with the top CPU's for half the price. I've also always had AMD in my desktops for some reason haha.

Conceal

I don't really understand the difference between them, I haven't done much research regarding the topic although I've always used Intel.

Theo

I'm pretty much stuck with Intel as long as I keep sending my money off to Apple. But oh well. :rolleyes:

#Intel

KingBreadYT

I think Intel has more performance but is also way more expensive than AMD, you get like a pentium G4400 for €60 which is a dual-core clokced at 2.8 GhZ, For the same price you can get a AMD Athlon X-4 950 which is a quad-core and clocked at 3.5 GhZ, so pretty much at everything AMD wins, but at integrated graphics Intel definetly wins!

Ally

Queen Panda Meme
but at integrated graphics Intel definetly wins!
God, no it doesn't. I run with integrated graphics with Intel and they absolutely suck.

so pretty much at everything AMD wins,
Price : Performance ratio, but Intel generally has better processors even if they have a massive price tag to match them. But you can expect after a processor has been released that the prices drop significantly after a few years.

Ally

Queen Panda Meme
Also, I go with Intel given the large majority of my experience is with them (plus I'm running an Intel i7 which is nice).

Mark

The processors use different architectures. This means that they fit into different processor sockets and, as a result, require different motherboards. In addition, Intel's architecture and production process is better, which is why modern Intel processors are generally quicker.