Welcome to Gamers Core

Join the only gaming community you need to be a part of in 2018.

Whether you're looking for trading, news, giveaways, videos, streams or just to chat about your favourite games, it's all on Gamers Core.

Register Now
  1. There have been a lot of requests for a marketplace to be added to Gamers Core, well...

Instead if you head over to Virtual Market - you can now trade there!
We use cookies, by continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Read more about our cookie policy here.
Welcome to Gamers Core, the latest and greatest place to discuss your favourite games.

Please take a moment to Log In or Sign Up if you don't already have an account.

What's your favorite VR headset?

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by Tony, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Tony

Tony Community Manager

Ratings:
    +34
    Discord:
    phewo#1337
    The title says all.

I have photosensitive epilepsy so I can't use them but I've heard that the HTC Vive is a great VR headset and is $799.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. Croc

Croc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I'm waiting for them to come down in price. Still not sure on the whole concept of VR yet as a useful premise. I see it only useful for gaming and maybe surgical training.

However, I believe augmented reality (AR) will be much more useful in the real world compared to virtual reality.

3. Vexy

Vexy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Discord:
    Vexy#0001
    I bought a Rift and a Hive so I've kinda tested both of the best.

The technology is amazing, its unbelievable how good some of the graphics look and it really is immersive, its like going to a new world and for some that might be worth the price... However, The lack of games really hurt both of the headsets, Almost all the good games are just arcade style and quickly become boring, That might be my personal opinion since I'm a huge fan of RPG and story line games but I couldn't find any game I truly enjoyed and could play for hours on end. I also found the headsets to be quite uncomfortable after a while and I felt sick and got headaches. The biggest con by far with them was the wires and trying to get everything working right, its a big pain if you moved a sensor or if you moved too far from it.

I would totally buy another headset, but not right now. I would wait till the technology grows more and becomes more mainstream, If you really want to immersive yourself in VR without paying a huge amount Google and Samsung make some cool smartphone VR headsets, its not the same level of immersion, but you don't have to worry about wires or your PC being able to power it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kennedy

Kennedy Sectional Moderator Advanced Enhanced

Ratings:
    +30
    Discord:
    Kennedy S#7777
    I've I've both purchased the Rift and tried the Vive.
    The Oculus Rift seemed to be a more comfortable experience. The controllers fit your hand a lot better for what you do in-game.
    However, the HTC Vive is sponsored (Or is sponsoring?) by Steam. This means that most of the games on Steam are optimized for the Vive. This doesn't mean that the games don't work, and most of them are on the Oculus store anyways.
    Up to you really.