What was your most unusual breakage?

Cheesecake

The best dessert on GC
So you may have encountered an error or something going terribly wrong at some point when messing around with tech, however I want to know what was your most unusual breakage, how did you come across it and if so, how did you overcome it? (because not everything makes it :().

Noah

Developer
I had a older GPU (can't remember specifics, but it was a 7 series Nvidia) that all of the sudden would stop producing video output, it continued to progress to the point where the PC wouldn't boot anymore. I first started with trying to change out the Nvidia drivers for an older version, and that eventually allowed me to boot into the PC without using safe mode. As a last resort, I decided to re-flash the ROM with the reasoning that it may have corrupted itself. And, to my surprise, it worked and I was saved from buying a new GPU. The weird thing is I never knew what really caused it, I could only make assumptions.

Theo

Installing Hackintosh, literally everything would break everything.

I did manage it though, unlike someone @Nevexo ;)
I am looking into building a hackintosh sometime in the future. I guess i’ll come to you for help. :tup:

I use a Mac, so nothing really breaks often, but once I loaded up Windows 10 in boot camp (shocker, it was a windows issue). I installed a program that would allow me to use HFS journaled drives andddd, my Win10 would bluescreen on every boot. Had to launch in safe mode with CMD to manually delete the program lol.

Verringer

Gamers Core Founder
Founder
Advanced
Enhanced
I am looking into building a hackintosh sometime in the future. I guess i’ll come to you for help. :tup:
If I'm in a really good mood - I might point you in the right direction to save you an hour or three ;)

I use a Mac, so nothing really breaks often, but once I loaded up Windows 10 in boot camp (shocker, it was a windows issue). I installed a program that would allow me to use HFS journaled drives andddd, my Win10 would bluescreen on every boot. Had to launch in safe mode with CMD to manually delete the program lol.
I had to ring Apple Care to even get Windows to install, I find it funny that my only use for Apple Care so far has been to fix Windows.

Verringer

Gamers Core Founder
Founder
Advanced
Enhanced
That is brilliant, did they know you were attempting to install windows out of interest?
Oh yes - many Windows jokes were made.

Lovely lady from Oklahoma - sat on the phone for an hour and a half with me. At least 10/10 service.

Kennedy

Advanced
Enhanced
My laptop decided that the audio limit was too small and wanted to break some barriers.
Ended up making the minimum volume higher than the usual maximum volume.
How my speakers are blown 101