What tools or forums do you use when developing or designing a Website/ App?

Mark

As the title says, what are common tools do you developers use when creating a Website or app or anything! Let the other developers know what you use so everyone sees the different things people use so the community learns something new from it too.

For me I use:
Generate color scheme - Simple for creating a color scheme.
Mockflow - Create layouts for your dream website or app.
StackOverflow - Everyone knows it..
W3Schools - Again.. everyone knows it..

Definetly let me, and the community know what you use when creating a website or app.

Kind regards,
Mark.

Croc

Great thread topic Mark!

For wireframes and mockups I use Sketch app on my Mac and sometimes I use Omnigraffle on the iPad.
For most development I use Visual Studio Code (aka VSCode) as my primary editor. I've tried nearly every editor and IDE at one point or another, but VSCode suits me best. I also use Transmit for an FTP client and Paw for API testing

As for my favorite resources, I am constantly referencing MDN and StackOverflow. Also, I've grown to love Dash app for downloading offline, searchable documentation for virtually any library, language, and framework known to man.

I'll update this post if I think of anything else!

Mark

Great thread topic Mark!

For wireframes and mockups I use Sketch app on my Mac and sometimes I use Omnigraffle on the iPad.
For most development I use Visual Studio Code (aka VSCode) as my primary editor. I've tried nearly every editor and IDE at one point or another, but VSCode suits me best. I also use Transmit for an FTP client and Paw for API testing

As for my favorite resources, I am constantly referencing MDN and StackOverflow. Also, I've grown to love Dash app for downloading offline, searchable documentation for virtually any library, language, and framework known to man.

I'll update this post if I think of anything else!
Thank you for the nice words! Definitely, some new names in there for me, not that hard since I have only been in the designing side of stuff for 4 months now!

Verringer

Gamers Core Founder
Founder
Advanced
Enhanced
StackOverflow
It's shameful how much time I spend on StackOverflow and XenForo Community :s

Dreamweaver if I'm building something from scratch and want to be able to see it at the same time, otherwise Visual Studio Code.

If I ever need a colour scheme and have no idea where to start - Adobe Color (formerly Kuler).

I use Royal TSX for most remote connections, it's great having everything (terminal, remote desktop, control panels, ftp) in one place - will use FileZilla for large transfers because RTSX automatically rewrites.

Additional tools I use are my MacBook, love being able to unplug it and take it wherever and continue working - plus you can't beat MacOS. Also Spotify for music.

Croc

Dreamweaver if I'm building something from scratch and want to be able to see it at the same time, otherwise Visual Studio Code.
There are npm packages that allow you to add "hot reloading" to any editor. One of the easier ones is Browserify, but there is also Gulp and Webpack. Webpack is not recommended for beginners though.

My name is Lauren and I am a professional website designer in a well-known web design agency in Dubai. When I used to design or develop PHP I used Word press and for Asp.net I use Microsoft Visual Studio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

My name is Lauren and I am a professional website designer in a well-known web design agency in Dubai. When I used to design or develop PHP I used Word press and for Asp.net I use Microsoft Visual Studio.
Nice, welcome!

Last edited by a moderator: