What Network Gear are you rocking?

Steve

Section Mod: Fortnite
Hey I'd like to know what everyone is rocking for there home internet

I Have everything coming into the house by a router provided by my ISP: BT Hub

I then have my NetGear Router connected over WIFI (since in a shared house so can't run cables)

I then have everything connected to the Netgear router in my room

The Netgear router allows me to separate my network from everyone else
Have the Netgear switch sending DHCP on 10.4.0.0/24 whereas the rest of the house is on 192.168.1.0/24

Reason for 10.4.0.128/25 at home since its part of a Virtual Network on 10.1.0.0/24 and other segments are being used elsewhere

username

Sectional Moderator
Virgin Media. Got a Hub 3.

If you have a NOW TV smart box. It keeps disconnecting itself. Turns out I had to make a guest network for JUST the box. Aren't the point of guest networks to just have funny names?

Anyway. From there, eth'd into a powerline connector which goes upstairs into my iMac. We have a dual band extender in the kitchen, a bit of WiFi outside goes down well.

Last edited:

Steve

Section Mod: Fortnite
Virgin Media. Got a Hub 3.

If you have a NOW TV smart box, it's a bitch to work. It keeps disconnecting itself. Turns out I had to make a guest network for JUST the box. Aren't the point of guest networks to just have funny names?

Anyway. From there, eth'd into a powerline connector which goes upstairs into my iMac. We have a dual band extender in the kitchen, a bit of WiFi outside goes down well.
Nice, What performance do you get with those powerline adapters as I know they can cause high ping

Kyehex

For separate internet services that the way to go but wifi to do anything gross sorry

this is my internet. and its hard wared I run a speed of 95 - 150 and up of 3 to 10

Unlimited Platinum 100
(100 Mbps download speed — Unlimited Data — Video Streaming at HD quality, typically 1080p — Includes built-in Wi-Fi.)
working is fast now that the internet is no problem. I like to make video and uploading is still a pain but downloading games is so fast they run at 100 MB per second and download in very little time