The office

rexs123

Advanced

(yep those are velcro corgi patches :))

The two "wepon" you might see is an airsoft gun I am currently working on.

Monitor: 2x LG 27" Monitors
Laptop: Acer i5, 256GB NVME SSD, 16GB DDR4
Desktop under desk: i7 6700k, 16GB DDR4, GTX970, 4 x 250GB Samsung SSDs
Prefs:
Logitech G710+ Keyboard
Corsair M65 Pro
Audio Techinica USB AT2020+
Marley earbuds
Corsair Extended mouse pad (dunno the exact model)

A lot of random art and posters, images on the wall to my left.

Yes I have two stuffed pandas that sit on my desk.

Last edited:

Ally

Queen Panda Meme
That is an amazing office, I'd love to work in something like that, especially the pandas!

Do you enjoy spinning on your chair? ;) (assuming you have a spinning chair)

rexs123

Advanced
That is an amazing office, I'd love to working in something like that, especially the pandas!

Do you enjoy spinning on your chair? ;) (assuming you have a spinning chair)
Thankya :D, as for the chair. Of course. Whatelse is there to with them ;>

Croc

ob boy that's a lot pandas! I thought the panda obsession was an online thing like how being a crocodile is my online persona only.

rexs123

Advanced
ob boy that's a lot pandas! I thought the panda obsession was an online thing like how being a crocodile is my online persona only.
I've always liked pandas. Since I was about 3 :oops:.

Looks really nice. Love that center monitor.
Thank ya. I have a 3rd for the wall to go on the arm to connect to my raspberry Pi cluster setup. But currently I am working upgrading from the Pi2 to the Pi3.

Hehehe, I bet that's your job, just spinning it around and getting dizzy, all day ;)
Can't do it too much sadly. Vertigo runs in the family :(

Noah

Developer
I've always liked pandas. Since I was about 3 :oops:.

Thank ya. I have a 3rd for the wall to go on the arm to connect to my raspberry Pi cluster setup. But currently I am working upgrading from the Pi2 to the Pi3.

Can't do it too much sadly. Vertigo runs in the family :(
Put some pics up of the raspberry pi cluster when you get a chance. Also, what do you use it for?

rexs123

Advanced
Put some pics up of the raspberry pi cluster when you get a chance. Also, what do you use it for?
Will do, still modeling the cluster container on Fusion. As for use mainly a house monitoring soloution, instead of dedicating a whole computer with multiple cores and using a lot more power than nessary I have 4 Pi's in a cluster operating 4 parts of the house.

Pi #1 Monitors the network traffic (not a firewall I've got a dedicated Pfsense box for that)
Pi #2 Manages the thermostat (remote management from the phones localized for now; haven't done the port forwarding too lazy)
Pi #3 Manages the lighting. (remote management from the phones again loclized for now; '')
Pi #4 Is just incase one of them requires extra compute power and is the export point to merge the 3 sessions into one unified unit.

Ally

Queen Panda Meme
Will do, still modeling the cluster container on Fusion. As for use mainly a house monitoring soloution, instead of dedicating a whole computer with multiple cores and using a lot more power than nessary I have 4 Pi's in a cluster operating 4 parts of the house.

Pi #1 Monitors the network traffic (not a firewall I've got a dedicated Pfsense box for that)
Pi #2 Manages the thermostat (remote management from the phones localized for now; haven't done the port forwarding too lazy)
Pi #3 Manages the lighting. (remote management from the phones again loclized for now; '')
Pi #4 Is just incase one of them requires extra compute power and is the export point to merge the 3 sessions into one unified unit.
Interesting use of a Pi cluster, is it not possible to run them all at once on one Pi and keep another Pi for extra processing power just in case, like you have now?

rexs123

Advanced
Interesting use of a Pi cluster, is it not possible to run them all at once on one Pi and keep another Pi for extra processing power just in case, like you have now?
I'd assume so, but its easier this way; so incase one dies the whole array and house isn't "useless" :)

Ally

Queen Panda Meme
I'd assume so, but its easier this way; so incase one dies the whole array and house isn't "useless" :)
Fair enough. I guess you could pull off a RAID-like (I know RAID's only for harddrives but an easy analogy) setup, have 1 Pi dedicated to processing for the house, 1 for backup, and have another pair doing the same, only second priority, if the first two ever die :3.

rexs123

Advanced
Fair enough. I guess you could pull off a RAID-like (I know RAID's only for harddrives but an easy analogy) setup, have 1 Pi dedicated to processing for the house, 1 for backup, and have another pair doing the same, only second priority, if the first two ever die :3.
I could do that; but if this whole thing does go down (like it is currently); The pfsense machine (home firewall & NAS) takes over. Still have to automate this process but for now its manual and very annoying to do to be completely honest.