PUBG Mobile

Alex

Hey, you may have heard of a version of pubg being released for both ios and android. I was just wondering what you guys think about it. Personally, I'm surprised how well it runs on my iPhone 8 considering it is still more or less the same map, same weapons and the same amount of players. Currently, it's only out in China but you can get in the U.S. by just changing your region. Link for the specifics and how to get it on your device.

Update: It’s officially out in the U.S.

Last edited:

Croc

Are you talking about "rules of survival"? That's the iOS PUBG clone that has been out in the US for quite some time.

Alex

Are you talking about "rules of survival"? That's the iOS PUBG clone that has been out in the US for quite some time.
No, read the article I linked. PUBG Corp. made a deal with two publishers to make two separate mobile games based on pubg. They’re both only published in China but are really great. Most of the text in the game is in Chinese but you can tell what’s going on because it’s more or less the same as the pc version.

Theo

No, read the article I linked. PUBG Corp. made a deal with two publishers to make two separate mobile games based on pubg. They’re both only published in China but are really great. Most of the text in the game is in Chinese but you can tell what’s going on because it’s more or less the same as the pc version.
Oh, well if you’ve ever tried rules of survival, that’s a pretty good game for iOS.

Croc

Think is great tbh, played 3 games so far and won 2 of them -_o_-
Haha that seems to be a common trend among many non-gamers picking up the mobile version of PUBG/Fortnite. Having only touch controls really levels the playing field, so if you have the slightest advantage you win. Once either or releases bluetooth controller compatibility, it's game over for all the non-gamers!

Calvin

Advanced
I think PUBG is too much on phone seems like a bit much for a mobile game, unlike Fortnite they have auto pickup and controls feel much smoother would 100% recommend Fortnite than PUBG on mobile when they've both been fully released.

Alex

I'm from the UK and I've got it - perhaps worldwide release?

It runs awful on my Note 8 - it's cool being able to play it but it's awfully laggy (my ping was quite high due to a wifi blind spot in my room so perhaps this is why) and graphics are sub-par although I left them at the recommended for my device (medium).
Runs great on my iPhone 8+ on high and one of my friends is able to play smoothly on his iPhone SE at low.
Think is great tbh, played 3 games so far and won 2 of them -_o_-
Your first few games are just bots for the most part. Keep playing and you will start losing/getting less kills.
I think PUBG is too much on phone seems like a bit much for a mobile game, unlike Fortnite they have auto pickup and controls feel much smoother would 100% recommend Fortnite than PUBG on mobile when they've both been fully released.
I disagree, I think the pubg controls are better. Although fortnite has a less intimidating art style which allows it to be picked up by anyone, I accidentally shoot regularly and have trouble building/picking things up.

Croc

Your first few games are just bots for the most part. Keep playing and you will start losing/getting less kills.
Ooooooh, that makes so much sense now! They get you hooked early on by making you think are actually good, but then throw you in a match with real players after a few games without telling you?