My Custom NAS Build

Verringer

Gamers Core Founder
Founder
Advanced
Enhanced
What are you going to use the 2x3TB drives for? Presumably you're going to RAID 1 them but 3TB is imo a lot.

Croc

What are you going to use the 2x3TB drives for? Presumably you're going to RAID 1 them but 3TB is imo a lot.
I don't have a ton of movies/tv shows to put on it, but rexs123 made it seem like it feels up really fast, so I opted for more storage now so I don't need to upgrade later.

rexs123

Advanced
I don't have a ton of movies/tv shows to put on it, but rexs123 made it seem like it feels up really fast, so I opted for more storage now so I don't need to upgrade later.
Yup. I've got a 8TB Plex machine that is constantly filling up. Management for it needs to br constantly managed.

At home we have a 31TB machine (raid10) it's fairly Jerry rigged as for hardware. So it's not the most stable by any means.

Vexy

Yup. I've got a 8TB Plex machine that is constantly filling up. Management for it needs to br constantly managed.

At home we have a 31TB machine (raid10) it's fairly Jerry rigged as for hardware. So it's not the most stable by any means.
I also have something like that, its just a sketchy machine I just dump stuff onto haha nothing is even in raid its so bad