Welcome to Gamers Core

Join the only gaming community you need to be a part of in 2018.

Whether you're looking for trading, news, giveaways, videos, streams or just to chat about your favourite games, it's all on Gamers Core.

Register Now
  1. There have been a lot of requests for a marketplace to be added to Gamers Core, well...

Instead if you head over to Virtual Market - you can now trade there!
We use cookies, by continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Read more about our cookie policy here.
Welcome to Gamers Core, the latest and greatest place to discuss your favourite games.

Please take a moment to Log In or Sign Up if you don't already have an account.

Is Fortnite that great?

Discussion in 'Fortnite' started by Verringer, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Verringer

Verringer Gamers Core Founder Founder Advanced Enhanced

Ratings:
    +173
    Discord:
    Chris Verringer#4395
    Steam:
    verringer
    Something I've been thinking about for the past couple days.

Fortnite is everywhere and from the videos I've watched of it - it doesn't look that good at all.

I've only played like one game of it and even so - didn't finish that, but it just didn't look that fun. As much as I like the aesthetic on other games, I just don't think it suits here.

Can someone explain what the appeal of it is, why's it so big?

2. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Discord:
    Mark#4979
    Steam:
    Markieboyyyy
    It is one of those games that you start it up and you think why not play 1 game.. when you finish that game you are just stuck to it, I find it pretty weird when I start the game thinking let's just play 1 game and then you just keep on playing until you get real salty and uninstall and install it the next game, and then the process goes all over again.

3. SheepeyDarkness

SheepeyDarkness Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Discord:
    SheepeyDarkness#0232
    Steam:
    SheepeyDarkness
    I play two games then close it. The only reason I have the game is because I have friends that like to play it. The combat at the end is pretty much building a house and then running around in circles with each other until finally a person two shots you with a gun. I think it's not a bad game, but it's over rated for what it really is.

4. Avery

Avery Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Discord:
    Avery#0001
    I play it cause that's all my friends play, that's really it. I log on to get my $10 worth of the season pass and log off unless my friends ask me to join them. Other than that it's a game that people play to buy skins for digital clout.

5. Mountain

Mountain Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I first heard of Fortnite I thought it was another crappy cartoon game but after I finished my first game I actually found it very addicting and fun, I think that feeling is attributed to the the aspect of the game that you actually have to hustle and out work other players contrary than always spawning with the same items of everyone else and not being able to get better weapons. I totally understand why people could see it unappealing but sadly I do think that Fortnite will die as people will slowly find it unappealing and get rid of the (like almost every other video game).

6. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Discord:
    Mark#4979
    Steam:
    Markieboyyyy
    People don't have to buy V-Bucks to get skins, they can just have Save the World and complete their quests to get some free V-Bucks which transfers to Battle Royale and Save the World, but yes there are a lot of people that do buy V-Bucks, which I find stupid since you can get V-Bucks for free, well... after you purchased Fortnite Save the World.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Croc

Croc Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I didn't realize you could earn skins from Save The World. I have the expansion and played it a bit, but I don't remember earning any skins. Is it rare?

8. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Discord:
    Mark#4979
    Steam:
    Markieboyyyy
    My bad... I mean that you gain V-Bucks by playing Save the world and can use the V-Bucks for getting skins on Battle royale. it is not that you get the skins by playing Save the World.

9. Fish

Fish Rising Member

Ratings:
    +3
    In the category that it is in, Battle Royal, I find it a game that anyone can typically play in. PUBG nowadays costs money (like 20 pound if you're from the UK) but is unplayable unless you happen to have 1080. To tell you the truth, I HATE Fortnite. My friends desperately want me to play it but I just brush it off. I ain't playing what I don't like, but I like it more than PUBG. I own both games and I'd rather take Fortnite over a competitor that can't even run the game smoothly.

10. Geo

Geo Sectional Moderator

Ratings:
    +12
    Discord:
    runnerbeany#6723
    Steam:
    Boeing757
    Playstation:
    runnerbeany1
    It's great until everyone on your snapchat posts their "Victory Royale!"s like its some sort of big deal.

I really don't like the whole hype about it. Fortnite feels like yet another game trying to jump on the Battle Royale bandwagon so the developers can make a quick buck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vexy

Vexy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Discord:
    Vexy#0001
    Fortnite is a decent game, I just don't have time to get into it.

It has blown up majorly in the past few months though

12. SheepeyDarkness

SheepeyDarkness Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Discord:
    SheepeyDarkness#0232
    Steam:
    SheepeyDarkness
    I also want to add that back in 2015 I signed up for the game. I heard about it while someone was doing a presentation on the new mac or mac os and they were advertising fortnite. upload_2018-4-10_23-15-28.png
    This was before the game was made popular though and no one actually knew about it yet. I waited a long time for it's release and constantly checked for beta keys. I didn't get any. To be honest I'm pretty disappointed with how the game came out. I haven't played save the world yet so when ( if ) it releases to the public I'll try it out.

I like the older map and feel of the game better though.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  13. utaninja

utaninja Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Ratings:
    +8
    Discord:
    utaninja#5416
    I don't like fortnite. It's just call of duty with a minecraft mod.

14. Fish

Fish Rising Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm confused. I have STW and bought it. Isn't that classed as being released to the public?

15. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Discord:
    Mark#4979
    Steam:
    Markieboyyyy
    It is out for a hell of a long time

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rob

Rob Sectional Moderator Sectional Moderator Advanced Enhanced

Ratings:
    +8
    Fortnite is another one of those trends that will die over soon. Truth be told.
    Every game goes through that spree, give it another year and a new game will be headlines.

For now I have to deal with people on my Snapchat constantly posting wins, even though I have no care for it.

17. SheepeyDarkness

SheepeyDarkness Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Discord:
    SheepeyDarkness#0232
    Steam:
    SheepeyDarkness
    I meant for free. Which was how that mode of the game was originally marketed. If they hadn't of made a battle royale mode then stw probably would have been much better.