Ideas for 'Indie24.net'?

Verringer

Gamers Core Founder
Founder
Advanced
Enhanced
I own Indie24.net and have owned it for 2+ years now, I'm quite fond of the domain and would really like to do something with it but I've just never settled on something.

The site has catchy graphics that I love and have always wanted to use.

I just don't have any ideas that I think would be worth doing to be honest.

To summarise:
  • I've thought about a radio but it's been done better than I could (Radio X, Radio XS, etc)
  • The idea of a blog would be cool - but frankly it'd need to be community sourced as I couldn't uphold that sort of thing and I'm not sure where to start with something like that.
  • A forum has obviously crossed my mind but music discussion just isn't a thing nowadays.
  • Podcast is something that I like the idea of - but I'd definitely need help with it - I'm super boring.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do with it? I don't feel ready to let go of it without at least trying.

Also - If your ideas are good but you don't want them public then pm me about them - I'd also be willing to work with somebody on this provided they're passionate about it!!

Last edited:

Croc

It can be a site that features the creative streams of indie game developers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Rob

Sectional Moderator
Advanced
Enhanced
I suppose the first thing would be to establish whether you had the original intent for it to be an Indie Music platform or an Indie Games platform.

Still, the idea of a podcast is really cool and could be quite interesting. I recommend something like Anchor for such too - easy and free tool.

It is also to consider funding and development. All good having nice branding but its pointless if there is no interest or funding for development. Or just funding in general for that matter...

Verringer

Gamers Core Founder
Founder
Advanced
Enhanced
It can be a site that features the creative streams of indie game developers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Not really looking to do anything related to gaming with the project, although that's an interesting idea.

I suppose the first thing would be to establish whether you had the original intent for it to be an Indie Music platform or an Indie Games platform.

Still, the idea of a podcast is really cool and could be quite interesting. I recommend something like Anchor for such too - easy and free tool.

It is also to consider funding and development. All good having nice branding but its pointless if there is no interest or funding for development. Or just funding in general for that matter...
I think music, the branding / name would imo fit better with music and I've done enough gaming related stuff.

My problem with a podcast is doing it - it's definitely something I'm interested in but just not on my own.