Welcome to Gamers Core

Join the only gaming community you need to be a part of in 2018.

Whether you're looking for trading, news, giveaways, videos, streams or just to chat about your favourite games, it's all on Gamers Core.

Register Now
  1. There have been a lot of requests for a marketplace to be added to Gamers Core, well...

Instead if you head over to Virtual Market - you can now trade there!
We use cookies, by continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our cookie policy.

Read more about our cookie policy here.
Welcome to Gamers Core, the latest and greatest place to discuss your favourite games.

Please take a moment to Log In or Sign Up if you don't already have an account.

Galaxy S9 Announcement

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by Verringer, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Verringer

Verringer Gamers Core Founder Founder Advanced Enhanced

Ratings:
    +173
    Discord:
    Chris Verringer#4395
    Steam:
    verringer
    I have a note 8 at the moment and it honestly doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from what I've seen.

I expected a fingerprint sensor in the screen, however instead they've just put it in a better place and the camera upgrades are useless when the only app I take pictures in is awful on Android.

I also find it ironic that Samsung have added 'AREmoji' after every Android user I know was mocking Animoji last year and it's imo just as useless.

What's your thoughts on the S9?

2. Ally

Ally Queen Panda Meme

Ratings:
    +41
    Discord:
    Lexii#1337
    S9's camera and specs have been upgraded. Honestly watching YouTube videos on it is useful as it directly outlines its features (despite it looking the same)

3. Noah

Noah Developer

Ratings:
    +20
    Discord:
    Noah#7479
    Steam:
    nhamr
    Playstation:
    deranged_monkey4
    The S9, imo, is almost as disapointing as the iPhone X. The S9 is just an upgraded version of the S8. They did nothing but change the camera, move the fingerprint sensor, and add the stupid animated emoji. All this being said, mobile technology has been coming to a standstill more recently and I think we're starting to see the results of this.

4. Theo

Theo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Discord:
    supertolerator#0743
    Steam:
    supertolerator
    Xbox Live:
    supertolerator
    As far as I know, the Vivo phone is the only phone currently with a finger print sensor under the display.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ally

Ally Queen Panda Meme

Ratings:
    +41
    Discord:
    Lexii#1337
    They improved the speakers too, significantly in fact. It's damn closer to being a perfect phone than the iPhone X is, and it's the same price as the S8 if not cheaper. It's not disappointing, everyone just happened to jump to conclusions about its next design.

6. Noah

Noah Developer

Ratings:
    +20
    Discord:
    Noah#7479
    Steam:
    nhamr
    Playstation:
    deranged_monkey4
    The price is only good if you can afford to pay it all at once and buy from Samsung or you have T-Mobile, because all the other carriers are bumping up the price, at least, anywhere from $50-100.

7. Ally

Ally Queen Panda Meme

Ratings:
    +41
    Discord:
    Lexii#1337
    If you haven't been paying attention, you can trade in your old Samsung and with extra discounts only pay a total of $200-400 for it, too ;)