Switch Do you like the Nintendo Switch?

Zeiyon

I had it for almost a month, and I wouldn't really recommend it. There are only a number of games you can play, and they aren't that long. I finished Legend of Zelda in almost 1-2 weeks.

I think the problem is that it's such a new concept and there's also the fact that it's very very new.

I might wait until the end of this year, or the start of next year to buy it again. Because currently, there isn't much you can do on it.

Theo

I don’t have one, but I have a friend that does. It’s alright I guess.

I’m not much of a nintendo fan myself, so I may be more biased, but I don’t like it that much.

Verringer

Gamers Core Founder
Founder
Advanced
Enhanced
I got the switch a few days ago and absolutely love it - it's my favourite console since the Xbox 360 (and I've owned them all..), but that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws.

The game library sucks, but with titles like Skyrim - I hope that it'll get better over time.

Games are very expensive, perhaps that's because I've played PC for too long - but £50 for Breath of the Wild?! Even the cheapest games are £6 - I paid £6 for a Tennis game where you literally just press the A button repeatedly, severely disappointed.

It also should come with 1-2 Switch, it's not a cheap console and it comes with no games and 1-2 Switch seems like Wii Sports to me - just not as good.

The best thing about it is that it's great to be playing and be able to go for a wee and continue playing..

Theo

I got the switch a few days ago and absolutely love it - it's my favourite console since the Xbox 360 (and I've owned them all..), but that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws.

The game library sucks, but with titles like Skyrim - I hope that it'll get better over time.

Games are very expensive, perhaps that's because I've played PC for too long - but £50 for Breath of the Wild?! Even the cheapest games are £6 - I paid £6 for a Tennis game where you literally just press the A button repeatedly, severely disappointed.

It also should come with 1-2 Switch, it's not a cheap console and it comes with no games and 1-2 Switch seems like Wii Sports to me - just not as good.

The best thing about it is that it's great to be playing and be able to go for a wee and continue playing..
That’s another con for sure, the games are extremely expensive. My brother wants to get one and it confuses me

Verringer

Gamers Core Founder
Founder
Advanced
Enhanced
That’s another con for sure, the games are extremely expensive. My brother wants to get one and it confuses me
Split the cost of it and share it.

It's worth getting for Mario Odyssey alone, and Breath of the Wild is good apparently.

Zeiyon

It would also be nice if there were apps and such, like YouTube. At least then I could use it as a small tablet too.

Croc

OP is clearly in the minority. The Switch saw impressive sales numbers in its first year alone. It brought Nintendo off the verge of bankruptcy and actually made it profitable again. It hasn't seen sales like this since the original Wii.

Alex

The idea of the Nintendo Switch isn't really all that new. The PS Vita was also a handheld that could also be used on a tv using the PSPGo cradle. Like Croc said, it did really well in sales and the library of games is huge. First party games alone is enough to make you want to purchase the switch. However, there are also bigger AAA games like Doom, NBA 2k18, and more. I agree with Verringer because I've also been using PC for a long time and haven't paid $60 for a game in a while, however, it's just so entertaining I can justify the price.

Projecki

It brought Nintendo off the verge of bankruptcy
Er, no, Nintendo has plenty of cash in the bank. They could've tanked another few failures, however the success of the Switch is great nonetheless!
I finished Legend of Zelda in almost 1-2 weeks.
That sounds criminal! Did you take the time to do any side questing or adventuring? Have you completed Tarrey Town? The Labyrinths? The rare horses?

I'm 75 hours into Zelda and only around half way through the game. If you completed it so quickly, I assume you simply did the dungeons and final boss and left. The game is meant to be heavily explored!

If exploration isn't your thing, that's fine, but you definitely owe it to yourself to go back and complete the content.

Last edited: